|Additional floor space: ||34,000m2
|Additional Car spaces ||800|
|Additional Retailers ||40|
|Additional features ||New public transport hub, luxury hotel, 10 storey office block|
|Commencement: ||December 2006|
|Projected Finish Date: || November 2007 (or in time for the 2007 Christmas shopping rush)|
|Affected Roads: || Middle Road, Webster Street, Capon Street, Warrigal Road, Chadstone Place Ring Road|
|Construction Companies / Contractors: ||
- CDL Constructions (Middle Road, Webster Street bridge, Warrigal Road
widening & lowering).
CDL constructions is an Italian construction company based in Bayswater.
- ProBuild Constructions (Chadstone Place / Myer Multi-level carpark)
Probuild is an Australian construction company based in South Melbourne.
|Estimated Cost:||$100 million
- Middle Road & Webster Street Bridge Project: Widening & Lowering of Middle Road
- Warrigal Road Project: Additional right-turn lanes into Middle Rd, Widening (Scotchman's Creek side)
- Chadstone Place / Loop Mall project: Extra multi-level car parking, underground shopping mall, outside shopping strip
|Properties acquired:||5 residential properties (including buildings) along Middle Road, Webster St and Capon St
demolished and land used for the widening of Middle Road.|
|Lanes on Middle Road prior to constructions:||Two incoming lanes, two outbound lanes, splitting to 2 left-turn and 2 right-turn lanes|
|Lanes on Middle Road after construction:||Three incoming lanes, Three outbound lanes, splitting to three left-turn and 2 right-turn lanes|
Useful Information and links
If you have any concerns about the constructions, please contact the relevent organisation or governing authority: